Wiek 3-5 dziecko






Our History

5,000 BC.

On the basis of archaeological discoveries, it has been established that a fishing and hunting settlement existed in the present-day Rzucewo 7,000 years ago. Seals, which were abundant in the Baltic Sea in the Stone Age, were the main source of food, hence the Rzucewo settlement is also called a seal-hunting settlement.

Around 1500

Rzucewo was taken over by the Bolszewscy family from Bolszew. The Bolszewscy had a confirmed royal privilege to fish in the Bay. In 1548 Rzucewo, as well as 26 fishing settlements on the Bay of Puck, received confirmation of this privilege.


The estate was purchased by Ernest Wejher - a well-known military commander in the time of Zygmunt August. In Rzucewo, Wejher built a manor house at the end of the 16th century, known as Wejher's First Court.


The Rzucewo lands were inherited by Ernest Wejher's son Jan (born in 1580). Like his father, Jan Wejher participated, among other things, in 1593 in Sigismund III Vasa's expeditions for the crown and the Swedish throne.


Rzucewo was occupied by the Swedes. During this time I Wejher's manor was plundered and destroyed by the Swedish army. The Rzucewo land was inherited by Jakub Wejher. Around 1655 Wejher's Manor (Weiershoff) reappeared on maps. The manor also served the Radziwiłłs, Sobieski and Przebendowski families. After Jakub Wejher's death the property was managed by Joanna Katarzyna from Radziwiłłs - Wejher's second wife and after her daughters from Jakub Wejher's first marriage inherited the Wejher estate on 20.06.1665. On their behalf it is managed by J. Wolski.


Wejher's daughters sell the rzucew estate to Michał Kazimierz Radziwiłł - subchancellor and field hetman of Lithuania who owned it for 5 years - until 1681.


The Wejherowo – Rzucew estate was inherited by Radziwill's widow, Katarzyna, born Sobieska.


Katarzyna donated the rzucew lands to her brother - King Jan III Sobieski. The king visited the lands of Rzucewo and Puck on 22-28.09.1677 and 28.01.1678. It is also known that Queen Marysieńka visited the Rzucewo lands many times with her children.


After the death of King Jan III Sobieski, the Rzucewo estate was taken over by his widow Maria Kazimiera (beloved Marysieńka), followed by her son Aleksander, who never visited Rzucewo while staying in southern Poland. After him, the lands were taken over by Marysieńka's second son Jakub.


Eventually, the lands of Rzucewo and Wejherowo were bought for the then high amount of 160,000 zlotys. Jerzy Piotr Przebendowski - one of the wealthiest men of the 18th century in Pomerania.


The Russians besieged Gdańsk, where King Stanisław Leszczyński took refuge. The siege lasted 135 days, during which the Russians destroyed the second Wejher manor house.


There was a formal takeover of Rzucewo by Emma von Keyserlingk, who brings the estate as a dowry to her union with Gustaw von Below in 1837.

1840 - 1845

Based on a design by the well-known German architect Friedrich August Stüler, a neo-Gothic palace was built. Above the entrance to the palace, Stüler placed the double coat of arms of the founders Gustav Friedrich Eugen von Below and Emma Gertruda, born von Keyserlingk.


After Gustav's death, the estate was taken over by his son Charles Emil Teodor Gustav von Below, who built the burial chapel.


After Karol's death Rzucewo (summer residence), Osłonino and Sławutówko (winter residence) - the estate originally covering 3.5 thousand hectares - was taken over by his son Gustaw von Below with his wife Henrietta. The estate in the last years of Gustaw von Below's life was taken care of by his grandson - Count Albrecht von Krokow. In March 1945 Albrecht von Krokow, together with his wife and unborn son Ulrich, leaves Rzucewo for Germany. Gustav von Below died of an asthma attack in 1940. His wife was cruelly murdered by the Russians in Slavutsk on 7 March 1945.


The Second World War came to an end. Rzucewo became the property of the Polish State. The estate was subdivided. The farm section was taken over by the State Agricultural Farm, and the palace was turned into a Plant Breeding and Seed Technical School and a Vocational Secondary School. The palace and gardens survived World War II undamaged - the new owner took over the building in a good condition.


The palace was used as a colony facility.


It was entered in the Register of Historical Monuments by a decision of the Provincial Conservator of Monuments.


The palace was left by the school. Since then, the process of destruction of the object began. The owners were successively the Port Authority in Gdynia, the Lenin Gdańsk Shipyard, the Provincial Office in Gdańsk.


On 22 April the palace was taken over by the Central Association of Co-operatives of Folk and Artistic Crafts "Cepelia". Cepelia managed to do a lot of important construction work - among other things it raised the roof on the left wing of the palace.


After intensive work, the historic palace and park complex is transformed into a facility providing hotel, catering and recreational services. The Rzucewo Castle is created - a place of recreation for people who value peace and comfort, and for those who are captivated by its history.

© 2024 Zamek Rzucewo - all rights reserved.

from by lemonpixel booking by hotres